Sri Krishna Jayanti, birthday of Lord Krishsna, in 2015 date based on calendars followed in India. Sri Krishna Jayanti celebrates the birthday of Lord Krishna. In 2015, the date of Sri Krishna Jayanti in West and Southern parts of
India is on September 5. In North India it is on August 6. It is observed as Dahi Handi in Maharashtra, the formation of the huge human pyramids to break the pot hung high up. The festival is also known as Gokulashtami and Krishnashtami.
Sri Krishna Jayanti 2015 in Different Parts of India
- Sri Krishna Jayanti - on September 5 day and midnight in Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Orissa and eastern parts of India.
- Krishna Janmashtami Mahotsav - September 6 midnight from 11:30 PM onwards in North India and Gujarat Dwarakadish Temple.
- Janmashtami Vrat is on September 5 in North India
- Ashtami Rohini - September 5 in Kerala
- Dahi Handi and Gopalakala in Maharashtra - September 6
- Vittal Pindi at Udupi Sri Krishna Temple - September 6
- Kalo in Goa - September 6
- In Tamil Nadu Sri Krishna Jayanti is on September 5, 2015
In North India, Shri Krishna Janmashtami is observed eight days after the full moon day in Hindi month Bhadrapada (August – September). In
South India, the festival is observed on the eighth day after full moon in the month of Shravan (August – September).
The Sri Krishna Jayanti festival is not celebrated on the same day in all parts of
and this is due to the various regional calendars and the various calculations in the time of the birth of Krishna. India
Special pujas are held in Sri Krishna Temples spread around the world and millions of people visit the shrines. Special poojas and rituals are held at midnight the time of
Krishna devotees fast on the day. It is a 24-hour fast.
You may also like to read