Saptapuri is the name given to the seven sacred cities associated with Hinduism in
The sacred cities in the Saptapuri are
There is also a Sanskrit shloka referring to the seven great tirthas.
‘Kashi, Kanchi, Maya, Ayodhya, Avantika
Kashi is also known as
- Kashi is associated with Lord Shiva and is the city of lights and is on the banks of
- Kanchipuram is the Golden city of
. It is believed that Brahma worshipped Vishnu here. Temples
- Haridwar is the gateway to Hari or Lord Vishnu. It is also known as
Gangadwara as the River Ganga enters the plain here.
- Ayodhya is the birth place of Lord Ram
is the place where Lord Shiva killed Demon Tripura. Ujjain is synonymous with Lord Krishna. Mathura
- Dwarka is the city associated with Lord Krishna.