Shravan, or Sawan, is the fifth month in a traditional Marathi calendar followed in
- Shravan Shukla Paksha (waxing phase of moon) is from August 10 to August 24.
- Shravan Krishna Paksha (waning phase of moon) is from August 25 to September 8.
Shravan Purnima (Narli Poornima) is on August 24 and Shravan Amavasi is on September 8.
Some of the other important auspicious days and festival dates are:
- Wednesdays of Shravan month is dedicated to Budh Puja.
- Thursdays of Shravan month is dedicated to Brihaspati Puja.
- Varalakshmi Vrat – August 20.
- Sri Krishna Jayanti – September 1.
It must be noted that Shravan month in 2010 in the traditional calendar followed in
The Shravan month in calendars followed in