Kailash Manasarovar Yatra includes visit to
About Kailash Manasarovar Yatra
The Kailash Manasarovar Yatra 2008 starts from end of May/early June and runs till September 2008. The Yatra is open to all Indian citizens above 18 years of age who wish to visit Kailash Manasarovar for religious purposes.
The selection of Yatris will be done by Ministry of External Affairs through a computer-generated random gender-balanced selection process.
Applicants should ensure that they possess an Indian Passport valid for more than six months.
All Applicants Should Be Medically Fit
- Applicants should be physically healthy, medically fit and should not suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, heart disease, epilepsy, etc.
- All applicants should have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 27 or less to be eligible for the yatra.
- All selected applicants are required to undergo a comprehensive medical examination conducted by ITBP in
. New Delhi
- Applicants found medically unfit will not be allowed to proceed on the Yatra, and will forfeit the non-refundable deposit paid to KMVN and the amount paid for medical examination.
- Please note that no other medical certificates or test reports will be accepted.
- A second medical test to ascertain reactions to altitude trekking will be done by ITBP at Gunji, after 6 days of the Yatra, at a height of 3500 meters.
- Those Yatris who are found medically unfit here will not be permitted to continue the Yatra.
- The finding and the recommendations of the ITBP medical personnel both in
and Gunji will be final and binding. Delhi
- In the eventuality of a Yatri being disqualified on medical grounds at Gunji, it will not be possible to refund the charges levied by (KMVN).
Duration of the Yatra
The duration of the Yatra is for 26 days. In addition, Yatris will need to spend 4 days in
The first batch of pilgrims is expected to depart from
Details regarding the dates of batches leaving for the journey are detailed in the Kailash Manasarovar Yatra booklet.
Total Cost of the Yatra
- Rupees 19,250/- to be paid to Kumaon Mandal Vikas Nigam (KMVN), out of which Rs. 5,000/-, is to be paid as a non-refundable deposit when confirming participation in the Yatra, and the rest on arrival in
to begin the Yatra. Delhi
- Rupees 1,950/- to be paid to ITBP to cover costs of medical examination / tests at
. In case the individual requires a further Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) an additional Rs. 500/- would be charged for that particular test from the concerned Yatri only. In case the individual is required to undergo a Stress Echo Test, an additional Rs. 2,500/- would be charged for that particular test from the yatri concerned. These charges are non-refundable. Delhi
- US$ 700/- to be paid to the Chinese side.
- Expenditure on adequate equipment, clothing, food stores, porters, baggage, ponies and other items required for the Yatra.
Last Date and Address to Send Applications
Complete applications in the prescribed format given below should be sent to
Under Secretary(EA) Room No. 255-A,
Ministry of External Affairs,
The applications should reach by
More details regarding the Yatra can be found at the Ministry of External Affairs website. Yatra Applications forms and Booklet can be downloaded from:
You will need the latest version of Adobe Reader installed in your computer to download the applications forms and Yatra booklet.